Wednesday, October 28, 2015

"Ciao" from Michele

Hello, my name is Michele and I am one of the two PhD students at École normale supérieure (ENS-PARIS) taking part in the ECRYPT-NET project. I come from Parma, in Italy, where I completed my undergraduate and master's degree in Computer Engineering at the University of Parma. Now I am very excited about living in Paris and taking part in such an interesting project! In particular I am very happy to work under the supervision of Michel Abdalla and Hoeteck Wee and I consider myself fortunate to have been accepted to an excellent institution such as the ENS.

In the next three years I will work on lattice-based cryptography, which is an extremely interesting, fast moving and promising area. My long-term goal is to become a researcher and hopefully a professor. So, basically, now I would like to start with finding answers to open problems, and then I hope I will be able to find my own questions.

I speak Italian (mother tongue) and English, even though now I am trying to learn a bit of French as well. My main interests are technology in general, coding (I am not an expert but I like it), traveling, watching TV series, movies and listening to music.

I am really looking forward to meeting you and working together with the partners of this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment