Thursday, October 29, 2015

"Servus" from Ralph

Hello, my name is Ralph and I am one of the two Early Stage Researchers at Royal Holloway, University of London (RHUL). I come from Graz, Austria, where I have successfully completed my undergraduate and master's degree, both in Computer Science, at Graz University of Technology. During my studies, I did my master thesis at the Technical University of Denmark for 6 months. After finishing my studies, I worked for Austria Microsystems and NXP Austria for a few months. Recently, I have moved to the UK and live now in Staines, near the university. I study now in the Information Security Group (ISG) at Royal Holloway among several other Ph.D. students.

Within ECRYPT-NET I am going to work on the design and analysis of efficient and lightweight authenticated encryption schemes. Therefore, I am going to investigate different design principles for Authenticated Encryption (AE) schemes, which can provide both confidentiality and authenticity of data in a secure and efficient way. Particular focus will be on low cost designs. My research will be supervised by Prof. Carlos Cid.

I am really excited to be part of ECRYPT-NET and I am looking forward to have the best 3 years of my live with you guys. See you soon in Tenerife!

2 comments: