Friday, October 30, 2015

A simple "hallo" from Erik

Continuing with the theme of introducing ourselves, my name is Erik Boss. I am one of the ESRs from Ruhr-Universität Bochum. I grew up in a fairly small town called Duiven located in the east of the Netherlands. I completed my Bachelor's and Master's degrees at the Radboud University Nijmegen. The latter of which specializing in computer security.

Only deciding right at the end of my studies to pursue a PhD, I applied for one of the ESR positions at the RUB and moved to Germany three months later. Which, so far, has been an interesting experience.

Within the context of ECRYPT-NET, I will be combining my expertise with software-related security with the experience located at the RUB in embedded security. What I will be looking at primarily is the automatic verification of hardware specifications in order to detect, prevent and/or measure side-channel leakages. This allows me combine many areas of computer security as well as some ideas from computer science in general.

Overall, I am grateful for the opportunity provided by this project to do something which is fun and fulfilling and maybe even useful to the world at large. Already I have met some great people within the context of ECRYPT-NET and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again in Tenerife.


No comments:

Post a Comment