Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hello from Eduardo

Hello! This is just a short introduction after the welcome post (thank you!) and my thoughts on the School on Design and Security of Cryptographic Algorithms and Devices. My name is Eduardo and I am an Early Stage Researcher for the ECRYPT-NET project at the University of Bristol. I moved to the United Kingdom a few weeks ago from France, where I completed a Master in Algebra Applied to Cryptography and Symbolic Computation at the Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines. Before that, I did studies Mathematics at the Universidad de Valladolid (Spain), during which I was also an Erasmus student at the Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines for a year.

My contribution to the ECRYPT-NET is that of investigating how Multi-Party Computation (MPC) protocols can enable specific applications domains where privacy matters, such as cloud computing. In particular we will examine practical optimization techniques, building upon recent work on practical instantiations of MPC protocols developed in Bristol, Aarhus, Darmstadt, Bar-Ilan, and numerous US Universities.

As I said before, I am very excited about this opportunity, and I hope we will be able to make a significant contribution. Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment