Friday, October 30, 2015

"Здраво" from Dušan


Hello, my name is Dušan Božilov. I come from a village in central Serbia, Podunavci. After I finished high school in town of Kraljevo I started my bachelor studies at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade. I finished both my bachelor and master studies on the Department of Electronics.

As part of the ECRYPT-NET project, my focus will mainly be on lightweight symmetric key cryptography efficiently implementable in hardware. Especially exploring new ways to protect against combined power attacks, as these attacks are Achilles heel for most of the existing countermeasures today. My research will include new countermeasures and design approaches such as threshold implementations and leakage resilient crypto. Another important task will be making the design low power and low energy, so it can be used on passive or battery powered devices with limited computational strength. 

Like Simon, I'll be part of the NXP team in Leuven. NXP is major semiconductor manufacturer and has a lot of experience in industry when it comes to low power symmetric key crypto. For someone whose PhD topic is in this particular area, it is a very good company to be in. And from what I've seen so far, atmosphere here is nothing short of great. Also, I'll be spending plenty of time at COSIC, KU Leuven, learning from and working with some of the most prominent researchers in the crypto world. My supervisor at NXP is Miroslav Knežević, and my supervisor at COSIC is Bart Preneel.

In the end, I consider myself very lucky to have opportunity to work with people from NXP, COSIC, and of course, ECRYPT-NET fellows. There is no doubt that the next couple of years will be quite thrilling and exciting, both professionally and personally. I'm looking forward to our next meeting in Tenerife in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment